We believe that that live music is one of the greatest aspects of life. At My Town My Music our goal is to build the Rochester music scene by bringing high-quality artists to town and highlighting the vast musical talent already here.
If you want to learn about what it takes to put on live music, we have an opportunity for you as Live Music Intern. This role is for anyone interested in a career in the live music industry and want to get hands-on experience on what it takes to organize, manage, and promote live music events.
What you will learn:
- Researching potential live music artists and their demand in Rochester
- How to handle offers, negotiation, and contracts
- Planning and preparation
- Event management
- Marketing and promotion
- Learn about all aspects of event management & promotion
- Live music events calendar management
- Weekly newsletter
- Social media management
- MTMM shows setup, take-down, and management assistance
- Show posters placement
- Update the Local Artist Directory
- Attend MTMM planning meetings
What type of person we’re looking for:
We are looking for someone passionate about live music that wants to have a direct role on building the Rochester music scene. To succeed in this role, you must be organized, technically savvy, have a knack for planning, and have some social media skills. Having your own computer and vehicle is a plus.
Interested? Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in applying for the the My Town My Music internship program, fill out the form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this is an unpaid internship.